Fogo Island by Pawel Mielnik

Originally published at: http://cabins.ronenbekerman.com/project/fogo-island-by-pawel-mielnik/

This is my final entry. As I wrote in the first one, the goal for me, besides creating good quality pictures, was to use this challenge as a motivation to learn Unreal Engine. For me, it was also the first time working with Megascans to this extent.

I made two 360 panoramas that show the cabin from two different perspectives. The Tower Studio was designed by Saunders Architecture, and it is located on the Fogo Island. I tried to make both panoramas very different from each other and show not only how the building’s shape changes according to where it’s seen from but also how much the island’s landscape can vary.

Additionally, I made a couple of screenshots that show some interesting details. I didn’t do any post-processing in Photoshop, all pictures and the panoramas are straight from Unreal Engine.

It was a great learning experience for me, and I think I am quite happy with the results. I am still a beginner with Unreal, but I think I managed to touch it’s potential and will continue learning it.

Thanks to Ronen for the challenge, I had a lot of fun.

1 Like

I wanted to share with you a little success of mine - Epic Games, Unreal Engine’s developer, did a blog post about the work I did for the Ronen’s Cabins Challenge. You can read it here <3

1 Like