About the Tomorrow 2020 category

Welcome to Tomorrow! This time I’m blending the 4th TMRW with the 8th Architectural Visualization Challenge on the blog!

The field of architectural visualization is a striking blend between the pursuit of photorealism and the desire to tell a story that will move the viewer, creating something artistic, inspiring, and entirely new.

TMRW has recently opened a new office in NYC, and this is our trigger for the Challenge location context. Focusing on Manhatten, We’ve picked The Hudson Yards as it is where the latest, highest, and most interesting architecture is being built.

As always, I do this Challenge to spark innovation, raise the quality standards, and motivate our field to be better. With TMRW as a partner on this one, we’re also looking for their potential next star 3d artist

The challenge of Tomorrow Mission.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to design and visualize the architecture of tomorrow within the context of the Hudson Yards location in NYC.

You can use any software you like to create your entry for this Challenge and enter any category you want. Tomorrow offers you lots of freedom in terms of your concept. I’m not providing you with a specific model as I did in past challenges, but there is a context massing model you can use to get started. Don’t panic! There are no wrong answers to this one. Your design will showcase the architecture of tomorrow, but try to avoid the obvious far into the future Sci-Fi treatment. It is 2020, so let’s add it up 20+20=40 and show us what will Hudson Yards offers us in 2040.

At this point, I usually state that your entry will be judged according to overall accepted standards of architectural visualization. Still, this time around, you have a chance to set some new standards! We’ll be looking at your concept, story, lighting, materials, 3d modeling, technical skill, emotive qualities, and participation on the blog showcasing your progress as well as offering feedback to other challengers.

The winners will be chosen by a group of expert judges from various fields. I encourage all followers of the blog, as well as newcomers, to take part in this Challenge. Great prizes aside, and a potential placement at TMRW, this is a fantastic opportunity to explore new territory and shape the way ArchVIZ is going to be done in the near future.

Jumpstart your imagination and create something inspiring.

Challenge END DATE UPDATE : Ends on MAY 30, not the 15th.

1 Like

@ronen Thank you Ronen, duly noted. The DL extension would be very helpful, as recently I had to move in to a quarantine facility while waiting for the COVID test result. So that was 10 days loss of progress there.

Same goes to everyone out there, stay healthy, and stay away from the crowds!