Brick Residential by Luka Popovic

Originally published at: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/showcase/brick-residential/

This is a personal project I’ve been meaning to do for a long time. I wanted to primarily learn how to use RailClone, so a brick façade was a no-brainer.

I used ZBrush to create the bricks and distributed them in three different patterns using RailClon. Due to the limitations of RailClone Lite, I could only use 3 segments (or 3 unique bricks) per RailClone object, which was challenging at first, because I didn’t want to see repeating bricks on the building. The workaround was to use transform nodes in RailClone to rotate each segment several times in 90 degree increments. This way I could get 4 unique sides from each brick, and ultimately get 12 unique looking bricks instead of 3. Using procedural and triplanar texturing techniques helped out even further to get a more random, natural look.

I also personally took the backplate photo, which proved to be extremely helpful because I had all the information for the camera matching afterwards.

--

Studio: N/A / Artist: Luka Popovic
Work: Personal
Designer: N/A .
Client: N/A .
Software: 3dsmax,Corona Renderer,RailClone,ZBrush