Culture Lab - Modelling

Started with modelling the existing building in Sketchup with slight modifications to the exsiting roof design to allow for skylights. I went for exposed roof trussses as that would lend itself to the open industrial interior vibe i have envisioned.

Basic interior with a halved first floor for my new interior layout.

Next stage would be the new addition, would be modelling it in Revit as its pretty straightforward and it would be easire with Revits modular modelling format.

2 Likes

Must say… love seeing SketchUp being used :wink:

2 Likes

Great progress on the modelling. Look forward to seeing the next stage and how it ties into the existing structure.

Modelled the new extension in Revit. importing the sketchup file for use as reference and to model the connnecting space properly.

The new roof for the existing structure was re-modelled in Revit, as well as the reinforcement of the old structure.

The new extension facade design was based on the organic form of a seashell. Fiting for the theme this proposed structure will serve which is a safe space for artistic and cultural development.

Environment Modelling.

Took the project back to sketchup to add the immediate environment with plans of adding faux builings and vegetation inside Lumion.

The sketchup warehouse was very useful to save time on this aspect. I got several street models and re-worked them to fit the existing street with major modifications.

Revit materials where converted and retextured before moving to Lumion.

The interior models where added and textured as well.

1 Like