Making of Oak Pass House

Originally published at: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/making-oak-pass-house/

First, I want to say that I am pleased that thanks to Ronen I can share the experience from this project with you. Working on it was a joy, and I hope that this MAKING OF will be interesting and helpful for you. The project was created in Blender, rendered in Cycles with very gentle post production I made in Photoshop.

The Story Behind the Project

More than a year ago I was without a job, so I decided to do a personal project which will make me famous and rich :slight_smile:

I spent some time searching on Archdaily and found photos of this beautiful house. The name of the project is Oak Pass House by Walter Workshop architects.

The reason I chose this project is that the pictures I saw looked like something that I can´t create in 3D, it was just out of my range. Trees, bushes, plants… all high poly models full of details. At that time, I had no idea how I can manage such complex scene and fit all this geometry and textures into my graphics card memory (6GB).

It sounds crazy, but I needed a challenge because I knew that if I try to make it as realistic as possible, I will learn a lot of new skills and create something special what moves me forward.

Revisiting some of the blog’s great articles via TALK, now that it is the new commenting system as well :wink:

Say hello to @janmorek.morek who joined here today and wrote this great article about his process on the Oak Pass House!