Parasite. The Park's House by Michael Fedichkin

Originally published at: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/showcase/parasite-the-parks-house/

Hi! Michael here!

I’m a 3d artist from Ukraine with more than 10 years of experience in architectural visualization.
In few words, my main principle is not wasting our life working on routine and usual things. Hundreds of artists, thousands of visualizations… but only a few look unique and special, and can’t leave you different. If you are a 3d artist, try to put your heart and soul in what you create, and you will be delighted with the result.

So, I’m very excited to share my recreation of Park’s house from Parasite with you. It’s the world-famous movie by Bong Joon Ho, the winner of the 4th Academy Awards. To my mind, it’s one of the greatest movies I’ve ever seen, especially if we are talking about Park’s house design.

The idea to recreate the whole house in 3d came to me suddenly after movie watching two month ago. I was really inspired by the house design, and would like to build such one for myself. Why not? As a first step, now I have the detailed 3d model of it!
One of the main features is that in real life the Park’s house doesn’t exist, so I’ve used hundreds of screenshots from the movie, photo references, posts from Instagram of actors etc. to recreate the house in 3d.It was a real challenge to find the original furniture pieces, Korean designers who produced furnishings and created artworks used in the movie. Also, I didn’t have any dimensions of the building, so I’ve started to create my model from calculating the tiles on photos by estimating their size and so on. The process of the modeling was like picking up puzzles with many unknowns. I’ve double checked some constructive elements from different photos in the Internet.

I want to say great thanks to everyone who appreciates my work, supports me, and follows me. I’m a perfectionist and always want to improve my final results. And I really don’t consider myself very talented or outstanding. We are all using the same instruments and software, the same assets and collections. But what I know for sure is that I have a tremendous inner power that gives me the energy to create something unusual and unique. And when you harness this power, impossible is nothing in this world.

The idea for a project like this can come to you suddenly. You just need to feel this and start to find your way. If you are a 3D artist and have a dream, the very first thing you can do is create and visualize it in 3D. If you are a 3D artist, try to put your heart and soul into what you create, and you will be delighted with the outcome.

Cheers!

--

Studio: N/A / Artist: Michael Fedichkin
Work: Personal Project
Designer: N/A .
Client: N/A .