Rare Air by Shannon McVey

Originally published at: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/showcase/rare-air/

I’m always trying new techniques in an attempt to push my abilities and renderings to the next level. This image was inspired by a book I received about Japanese dwellings. In the book there is a photograph of a living space looking out into a deeply forested environment which I found evocative.

My model seemed claustrophobic upon review so I decided to open up the view to the most dramatic expanse I could imagine and change it to an expansive shot of a high mountain lake.

I am also working on incorporating models of real-world items captured by photogrammetry and inserting them into my scenes in order to add that extra element of realism that pulls in the viewer’s interest.

I have found that using the native color settings in Lumion brings a vibrance to the final image that while beautiful, is a bit saturated for most scenes. Luckily the ability to manage this is handled well within Lumion with the use of some of the built-in effects.

This image represents an ideal environment for me personally and I hope to provide through my work the kind of life that could provide a view like this for my daughter and wife to gaze upon like the fearless young lady in the image.

--

Studio: N/A / Artist: Shannon McVey
Work: Personal
Designer: Shannon McVey
Client: N/A .
Software: Lumion,Photoshop,SketchUp