Robot’s Head - Modeling

Originally published at: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/?p=135541

After a long pause, I continue working on my project.

The first thing I needed to do was to build a block model of the building using a photo and the perspective match tool in 3d max. Structurally, the building will be without major changes, but the appearance will change dramatically.

1 Like

Next, the simulation of the site, including the surrounding space. I’ll need this for some angles.

2 Likes

some clean site modeling :+1:

Agreed, Very clean indeed :slight_smile:

I must say, this is a very interesting building. It definitely has potential. Great work so far.

1 Like

Thanks!
Yes, the building, designed in the 80s, actually seems very interesting to me today. It will be a pity if they decide to dismantle it, without putting it into operation after 40 years. At this stage of modeling, it’s just an blank mesh from which something new will emerge. And this applies not only to the building itself, but also to the site.

some intermediate stages of reconstruction

Site space planning. The historic city center previously had a castle, as noted in the project description. My solution is to create an art space of the museum complex, a castle made of glass, inside which there will be galleries, as well as the remains of the castle behind the glass.

1 Like

1 Like

Shot from under the bridge is my favorite!

1 Like

Koenigsberg castle destroyed during the war

Really interesting photos of Koenigsberg castle - great that you’ve managed to reconstruct it digitally and that it can be a part of your visuals.
Looking forward to seeing the finished work!
Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go go go!

Looking forward to see the final of this one :wink: