Home

Originally published at: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/?p=135953

While traveling in summer 2019, I glimpsed an article where a talented and soulful photographer wrote about a family living in a mine. On a hot summer day, the family found their shelter in a peaceful cave. My idea revolves around a part of a mine which later converted to a room.

I am an immigrant, so were my grandparents. People always travel in search of the home, safety, and work. I believe we originated as nomads and if we wouldn’t have been moving from one place to another we would have never evolved. but it is also very heartbreaking that many people are still trying to find a place to live on their very own planet. We all know what is unfair and what is going on so I don’t wish to write about it. but I am hoping that my artwork will touch the heart of the viewers to remember that how lucky we are to have a place called home.

Recently I came across a paragraph written by Yuval Noah Harari and for me its thought-provoking,

”The extinction of Homo Sapiens Would mean survival for millions,

If not billions, of Earth- Dwelling species.

Phasing out the human race will solve every problem on Earth Social and environmental”

Enjoy the comp
Best wishes.
Regards

2 Likes

Cool, I really like your story. Definitely check out the Sacromonte caves in Granada

Very thought provoking! And its sad that as for now humanity fails to efficiently and gratefully coexist on this planet with others and with the planet itself. But I am hopefull that we will evolve.

I would like to share some progress, along the way. I am working few angles at the same time. Most of my workflow is all over the place at the moment.

Started with basic blocking. And then I am adding details. The other two cameras are yet to be decided but I have them planned in my mind.

Looking good, what software did you use to model the cave walls?

Thank you. I have created the walls in z brush and then textured them in 3dsmax with the help of Mixer.

WallCreationBrush WallCreationBrush1

2 Likes

I have used meshlab to decimate the models from zbrush.

Here is how things are shaping

Raw render

1 Like

@Atom - that’s a really interesting interior you’ve got there - love the rock texture/modelling work.
A nice composition too - looking forward to seeing your next shots :slight_smile:

Thank you @Flowstorm. Here is a Work in progress of my 2nd shot, moving on to the 3rd. I don’t think I will have the time to do more shots, For now, I want to focus on the three shots.

1 Like

The man with the coffee mug is a placeholder

the ambience is very cinematic and intense, am I the only one who doesn’t see the man with a coffee mug?

Saw him! :rofl:

But really he isn’t popping into the eye