Meliora #2 by Stefan Dimitrov

Originally published at: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/?p=127732

Hello everyone,

I have been adjusting camera proposals for the project for the past couple of days. Today I will show you one option for an aerial view.
The image aims to illustrate the connection between the project site and the surrounding contest. Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Have a great week,

Stefan

2 Likes

Hi Stefan, great to see a different take, an aerial view, on one of your entries. In terms of feedback, I think for the composition you could give a bit more room for the eye, by extending your scene a bit outward towards Hudson River. Right now your subject (project site) is boxed at the center, which kind of gives an impression of how crowded and surrounded the neighbourhood is.

Another thing I could think of that you could play to your advantage is aspect ratio. Right now my guess to your ratio is 1:85:1 ? Try a wider one like 2.35:1 and see how it goes. In general for landscape paintings/shots, a wider aspect ratio naturally guides the audience’s focus to span from Point A to Point B, especially when your landscape plays a primary narrative role.

I’ve quickly done a paint over below in 2.35:1 for your reference, which shows the general composition (green lines) and how the attention sweeps across the painting and converses into one single point (red lines). Also, you can frame your subject with elements like clouds, to further limit the audience’s attention from wandering away.

1 Like

Hello Tony Lai,

Thank you very much for your feedback! The suggestions that you have proposed are trully useful.
It is amazing how one more pair of eyes can help so much. I have been looking and this view for a long time by now modeling the scene and my eyes become used to It.
I will take you comments in consideration and will try to update for the next milestone!

Cheers,

Stefan

2 Likes

Man, that seems like so much work on the waterfront! I also love that you’ve started to include Bella Abzug park, I haven’t decided whether it will be used in mine or not…

1 Like

Hello @3dNinja,

Thanks for the feedback!

The waterfront had always been one of the main attracting lines with a main impact towards the people in the area. I will aim to develop as good as possible these areas including the parks with all of the greenery. This is one of the leading aspects in my concept, so I will stick to this until the end. The main point is to create architecture for the people.

Have a great day,

Stefan