Scale and interaction by 3dNinja

Originally published at: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/?p=127924

I’ve been working hard over the last several weeks blocking in the neighborhood, modeling the existing Hudson Yards buildings, and bringing in some additional assets like cars and plants. I’ve decided to put eight sets of high-rise buildings based on the site plan, and I’ve designed and modeled four so far! As these buildings have been put in the model I’ve been able to set up some preliminary views. I’ve also been able to begin brainstorming some story ideas. I want to illustrate Hudson Yards from three viewpoints for my main three images, so these images will be more narrative in nature. The first test view I’ve been playing with is called “The Visitor”. The Visitor will be an image shown as I believe a visitor to this neighborhood would see it. I want a street level view for this one, it will help to illustrate the scale of this neighborhood and make the buildings soar into the sky. It will also tie the neighborhood in with the surrounding environment. I’ve decided that I’d like to risk a non-traditional view point for this one, using three point perspective to firstly simulate a person photographing this view, and secondly to emphasize the scale of these buildings.

I like your building’s design, looks cool. However, I think it’s really risky to use three-point perspective with such a high building. It would be a good idea to try either a narrow frame with vertical lines or to get a cam much closer to building with three-point perspective. Let me share with you some of my references that I gathered for myself.
Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing updates of your project.:smile:

Thanks! I think you’re right and I’m still in the process of deciding my camera angles. I just finished modeling all the buildings that will go on the west side of Hudson yards, so now I’ll be able to set up camera angles a little better.